Welcome to our blog!

Hello, www grammar experts, soon to become short story authors!

Remember to post at least once a week for the first four weeks' worth of assignments. I'm planning to read short stories and write my thoughts, as well.

I'm looking forward to reading all your observations!

Mrs. Wong

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Silver Mine

This story was written by Selma Lagerlof.

The story begins with a King who is going from town to town trying to find loyal subjects who will aid him in a fight against two other countries. The story goes on to say that he meets a minister who will show him a silver mine that would provide the money he needs to aid him in this fight against the other kings, but before he shows him where it is the pastor explains how greed destroyed all the other men who knew about the mine. Then the king has to decide if he should take that chance or not.

1 comment:

  1. I looked up this story... and it was pretty good!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete