Welcome to our blog!

Hello, www grammar experts, soon to become short story authors!

Remember to post at least once a week for the first four weeks' worth of assignments. I'm planning to read short stories and write my thoughts, as well.

I'm looking forward to reading all your observations!

Mrs. Wong

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Defense of Sentinel

By: Louis L’Amour

This short story is about a Town Drunk who saves his town from Indians.

The story immediately starts off with the Town Drunk, who is the antagonist in this story. Louis L’Amour does a wonderful job of describing the Town Drunk, as well as the settings that he is in at different times. Although the settings in this story change a lot in the beginning, Mr. L’Amour still keeps the end interesting by adding some high action sequences mixed with mild comedy to it. He ends the whole short story very strongly by adding lots of emotion, which makes it even more of a favorite for me. – Paul

(Sorry this was late, I have been extremely busy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment