Welcome to our blog!

Hello, www grammar experts, soon to become short story authors!

Remember to post at least once a week for the first four weeks' worth of assignments. I'm planning to read short stories and write my thoughts, as well.

I'm looking forward to reading all your observations!

Mrs. Wong

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Smart ice cream by Paul jennings.

This was an interesting story that caught me as I was flipping through my sister's collection of books. The protagonist in the story is narrating the story to the reader. So when he mentions his name it is written as I or me. Some traits that the protagonist has are pride, selfishness while the antagonist is a kind, old, Italian ice cream vendor named Peppi. Some secondary characters are Pimples Peterson ,a boy teased by the protagonist, (real name unknown) and Jerome dadian ,a boy who got all A's for math and grammar. The desire that drives the main character is pretty much being the top of the class and intends to keep it that way.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the protagonist (the HERO) is mean and bad and the antagonist (the ENEMY)is kind and good...!!?? is this what it is in the story or could you have maybe mixed up meanings? I do that all the time, too, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is really interesting.....I have never read a book like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do recall reading a book where the protoganist was the enemy. The name of the book I do not remember.

    ReplyDelete