Welcome to our blog!

Hello, www grammar experts, soon to become short story authors!

Remember to post at least once a week for the first four weeks' worth of assignments. I'm planning to read short stories and write my thoughts, as well.

I'm looking forward to reading all your observations!

Mrs. Wong

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Open Window

The Open Window is a short story in which a man, Mr. Framton Nuttel, visits a woman by the name of Mrs. Sappleton. Mrs Sappleton's husband had disappeared with two boys three years ago. they had grabbed their guns and headed out through a window to snipe birds. they never returned. To this day Mrs Sappleton has left the very same window opened, in hopes that they will return. as she explains the story to Mr. Nuttel, he is filled with pity at this woman's insanty.

2 comments:

  1. What is the setting like? Is it day or night? Does the author add any details in the setting to make it feel creepy? Or haunted? I've read this story, and I seem to remember that it's all set in one location, but I can't remember what kind of mood the author creates with details of the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this story! It's very interesting! The ending is so thrilling!

    ReplyDelete