Piccola
by Mala Powers
Found in the Lion Christmas Book Page 24-25
_
This was a very heartwarming Christmas story about a little girl who lives in a poor family that is struggling to make ends meet. This short story does not give a lot of setting, but it gives enough to work in your imagination. The story is set in, literally, "a small French village by the seacoast". The setting is aided by two medium sized illustrations. The story lays down the basic setting and lets the mind fill in the blanks. The plot itself also aids the setting. So, even though there is not a whole lot of setting, there is enough.
_
Kurt Richardson for WWW
sounds like a good book. Do you know anywhere I might find it?
ReplyDelete-Francisco
Actually I found a couple copies of it on amazon.com when I checked,
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Lion-Christmas-Book-Mary-Batchelor/dp/0745912206
But the Lion Christmas Book is Old. I highly doubt that you will find it in any bookstore. We have had. ours for a long long time.
-Kurt Richardson